Jacob 2019 - 2020
Welcome to Class Jacob!
The link below should still take you to the home learning we are following from CDAT. Please remember that there are some sites we do not subscribe to, however most sites are offering some free access during the period of school closures.
Please let us know how you are getting on. Staff will be reaching out via email and phone calls but we would love to hear about the online learning is coming on. This could be your favourite task of the week, feedback on how the learning is going. Staff are in discussions about setting up some online awards for children’s learning which will be celebrated on the website.
Please get in touch to celebrate learning so far or if you need anything.
Home learningIn the event of a school closure CDAT have put some learning resources together on their website from Robin Hood academy. There is a link to these below. Please note that a few of the websites referred to, we do not subscribe to, but many are free.
Children will also have logins to Bug Club (active learn), Purple mash and yr1 - 6 have Times Table Rock Stars.
We are Year 5 and Year 6 and our teaching team this year includes: Miss Hall, Miss Blythe (Class teachers), Mrs Douce, Mrs Hambley and Mrs Bonney.
Throughout this half term we will be looking at different mythical creatures, writing non-chronoglical reports and exploring poetry.
- PE will be on Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
- Homework will be sent out on Wednesdays and should be handed in the following Monday. (Y5)
- Y6 from January 2020 until SATS, homework will be handed out daily and be expected in the following day (Please see timetable that has been sent home)
- Spellings will be sent out on Mondays and will be tested on Fridays.
- Children are expected to read at least three times per week at home. This should be recorded clearly in their reading diaries and signed.
Jacob: News items
There are no News items to display
Jacob: Blog items
Big Bird Watch, by Miss Hall
Mysterious music to accompany our Clock Close text in English, by Miss Blythe
Remembrance, by Miss Blythe
Jacob: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display