What should I do if my child is ill?
If your child is ill and needs to stay off school, you must call Reception on 01260 272528 by 9:00am, each day that they will be absent.
If your child has any sickness and/or diarrhoea, you must keep them off school for a minimum of 48 hours from the last occurrence.
Leave of Absence Form
A leave of absence form must be completed in advance of the absence and returned to the school where it will need to be discussed with the head teacher. This discussion will contribute towards the final decision.
- It must clearly state on the form why it is necessary that this absence must be taken in term time.
- Lower cost/Holiday is not a reason.
- On receipt of the “Leave of Absence Request Form”, you will be sent a response
indicating whether the governing body is able to authorise your request or not.
Reasons for not authorising it might include:-
- Unsatisfactory attendance
- Time of year, e.g. if pupils are sitting Public Examinations
- If leave of absence has already been authorised during the current academic year
- It is a holiday request in school term time
- There does not appear to be an exceptional circumstance surrounding the request